Resources for Students
There are multiple links for the resources that the Department of Motor Vehicles provides to the public.
- NYS DMV Home Page
- NYS DMV Driver’s Manual and Study Guide – Online version of manual to study before your permit test NYS Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44) – You can fill this out online and print from your computer. It is a time saver for sure at DMV!
- NYS DMV Prepare for your road test – Good resource for a reminder of what is need for the road test and what to practice
- NYS Road Test Scheduling System – You can schedule you road test appointment (RTA) for no fee
- NYS DMV Resources for the Younger Driver – Good resource for parents and today’s young drivers
- Certification of Supervised Driving (MV-262) completed by your parent or guardian to certify that you have had the required hours of supervised practice driving (you must give the MV-262 to the license examiner each time you take a road test). Applies to only under 18 Year Olds.
We recommend to review links that are relevant to you as it will help you save time and headaches.
- Follow the link below to take the 6 hour course that can help you reduce insurance costs or if you have points help them get reduced by 4 points. To reduce the cost further enter the following code to get a reduced price of $29. LRDSsafe
Resources for Driving Instructors
This course is for instructors who need to fulfill their 30 hour course to maintain their instructor card.
This course is for individuals looking to be 6 hour instructors. After meeting the requirements you will be able to teach the 6 hour course.