Resources for Students
There are multiple links for the resources that the Department of Motor Vehicles provides to the public.
- NYS DMV Home Page
- NYS DMV Driver’s Manual and Study Guide – Online version of manual to study before your permit test NYS Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card (MV-44) – You can fill this out online and print from your computer. It is a time saver for sure at DMV!
- NYS DMV Prepare for your road test – Good resource for a reminder of what is need for the road test and what to practice
- NYS Road Test Scheduling System – You can schedule you road test appointment (RTA) for no fee
- NYS DMV Resources for the Younger Driver – Good resource for parents and today’s young drivers
- Certification of Supervised Driving (MV-262) completed by your parent or guardian to certify that you have had the required hours of supervised practice driving (you must give the MV-262 to the license examiner each time you take a road test). Applies to only under 18 Year Olds.
We recommend to review links that are relevant to you as it will help you save time and headaches.
- Follow the link below to take the 6 hour course that can help you reduce insurance costs or if you have points help them get reduced by 4 points. To reduce the cost further enter the following code to get a reduced price of $29. LRDSsafe
At Learn-Rite Driving School if you adhere to the cancellation policy for road tests, which is giving us 48 hours notice, you can reschedule your road test. The office can reschedule the road test to what DMV is releasing at the time of cancellation, which is 6-8 weeks away.
If you miss your lesson you do lose the service, if you are late you will receive the remaining time. Scheduling of lessons is based on your request. We set up the system to send you reminders 2 days in advance for any services. Please keep in mind you must provide an email to receive email reminders. If you want a text reminder you must “Opt In” to this service. This is typically done when you sign up.
If you are an existing student you have access to reduced pricing for expedited and regular services. But make sure to get the practice you need on why you failed. If it’s building confidence and got nervous or needed more work on a specific technique.
Unfortunately, you are unable to take the services and you will lose them, the time and seat was reserved for you. New York State requires that you have your permit when driving and to take the 5 hour pre-license course.
No, you must follow the restrictions on your permit. If you have a restriction on your permit you are required to follow them by law. Please keep in mind DMV only places a “B” restriction based on the paperwork you filled out or the vision exam you took. If you wore glasses during the vision test you are required to wear glasses when you drive. It’s against the law and dangerous.
You can upgrade to additional 5 lessons at a discounted price, for a couple more lessons you can pay individual pricing for the lessons.
You will need to make an appointment with the office (so that they can ensure it properly downloaded). Appointments should be made no later than one week after lesson, to avoid you lesson being overwritten.
Yes you can ask the office to send them to you for each technique or access the student resource center to view.
Resources for Driving Instructors
This course is for instructors who need to fulfill their 30 hour course to maintain their instructor card.
This course is for individuals looking to be 6 hour instructors. After meeting the requirements you will be able to teach the 6 hour course.